Testing the ERP (e.g SAP) software application is different than testing the other software applications. ERP applications are domain specific and industry-specific. The common modules like Finance, Accounting, Inventory, Fixed Asset, Sales, Purchase, Human Capital, and Payroll are available in all the ERP systems.
Apart from these common modules, few industrial specific modules are available as per the targeted customers. For example, a “manufacturing ERP” may have a “production planning” module, a “pharma ERP” may have a “doctor-patient” module and an “education ERP” may have a “student” module and so on.
So we can take a example of One Module.
Test Scenario: Find below a sample ERP demonstration.
|Module||Sales & Distribution|
|Feature||Sales Order Process|
|Objective||To check the sales order is booked and invoiced with proper data entered for sales header and sales details.|
|Steps to Reproduce||1. Sales & Distribution -> Order Management -> Sales Order List -> New Sales Order.
2. Select Order Date, Select Order Type, Select the Expiry Date, Select Customer ID, Select Shipping ID, Select Warehouse ID, Select Shipping Date, Select Payment Due Date, Select Sales Tax ID, Select Salesman ID.
3. Select New Sales Items and Select Item ID, Select Item UOM, Enter Item Qty, Enter Item Price, Select Ledger Account, Select Project ID and Click OK.
4. Click Book Order button in the main screen.
|Order Date (01/01/2015), Order Type (Sales Order), Expiry Date (31/09/2015), Customer ID (SABIC), Shipping ID (FedEx), Warehouse ID (NaviMumbaiWH), Shipping Date (03/02/2015), Select Payment Due Date (28/02/2015), Sales Tax ID (ST929), Salesman ID (Anand), Item ID (PolyPropylene), Item UOM (Kilograms), Item Qty (1000), Ledger Account (23499949), Project ID (DueTarget2015)|
|Order Date (01/01/2016), Order Type (Purchase Order), Expiry Date (31/09/2012), Customer ID (DEFAULT), Shipping ID (Blank), Warehouse ID (Blank), Shipping Date (03/02/2013), Select Payment Due Date (28/02/2012), Sales Tax ID (Blank), Salesman ID (DEFAULT), Item ID (DEFAULT), Item UOM (Blank), Item Qty (0), Ledger Account (DEFAULT), Project ID (DEFAULT)|
|1. Order should be booked and invoiced.
2. Picking Packing slip should be generated.
3. Shipping Order should be generated.
4. General Ledger transactions should be posted.
5. Inventory Ledger should be updated.
6. Debit Memo should be generated.
7. Email should be sent to the Customer and Stores.
|• Alert box should be coming for each negative data input as per the alert process and the defined text.
• Sales order should be backordered, if the items are out of stock.
• Sales order should be on hold, if the customer credit limit is low.