A joined report can contain data from multiple standard or custom report types.
It helps you to combine multiple object data into single reports.
Some additional features are:
- You can add charts.
- You canan add 16 report types.
- You can add 5 different blocks with cross block and cutom summary formulas to each block.
Let as have an example:
Create a report comparing the number of support cases that are New, Working, or Escalated by priority. The report contains a single standard report type: Cases. First, create the report, add three blocks to the report, filter each block by the appropriate status, and then use the Priority field for grouping.
To create the report:
- Create a new report, selecting Cases as the report type.
- Select Joined from the Format drop-down.
- Remove unwanted fields by dragging them to the Fields pane.
- Create three blocks, each containing the Case Number and Status and, optionally, Case Owner fields.
- For each block, filter on all cases. Then, filter each of the blocks by Status as follows:
Block 1: Status equals New
Block 2: Status equals Working
Block 3: Status not equal to Escalated
Group the blocks by Priority.
6. Optionally, rename the blocks.
7. Click Save or Run Report.